Saturday, March 26, 2011


I was familiar with the Blind Boys of Alabama version of God’s Gonna Cut You Down, an old traditional folk song. But when I first caught a whiff the Johnny Cash rendition in the trailer for True Grit, I said “Wow! That’s bad!”



Now, I see the song being used in a lot of commercials that have nothing to do with the lyrics of the song.

From Wikipedia

The lyrics are a warning to sinners that no matter how hard they try, they will not avoid God's judgment; in the chorus, God tells the narrator of the song to
“
Go tell that long tongue liar,
go and tell that midnight rider,tell the rambler, the gambler, the back biter,tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down.
”

You best believe that!

In any event it’s a killer song that Johnny puts his special imprint.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



LinkWithin

 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY